Frequently asked questions
- What is the right age to bring a new kitten home?
- How long does it take for a kitten to get used to a new home?
- How to bring your cat home?
- What to buy for your new kitten?
- Where should you make a kitten sleep on its first night?
A kitten should at least be eight weeks old to come home with you.
Every kitten is different. That being said, some could start feeling comfortable in just a few hours. Some may take a few weeks. For extremely timid cats, it takes about four to six weeks to get comfortable in their new space.
Kitten proofing your home is an essential step to take before bringing your new feline friend home. Set up a cozy corner for them, bring a sleeping blanket, and cover all sharp edges.
Buy a few things that will make your new kitten feel at ease. Get a sleeping blanket, a food and water bowl, and most importantly, some cat food. You can also buy a few cat toys to make it feel comfortable.
For the first few nights, you can make your kitten sleep in a warm and cozy corner that’s close to your bed. Later on, you can create its sleeping spot in one of the most comfortable corners of your house.